Life is increasingly complex. Most people in America feel themselves pulled in too many ways. Left unfulfilled is a need to think about something simple, understandable, and encouraging.
Sales Tax Only is simple.
- Everything purchased, EXCEPT FOOD, is taxed. Both goods and services are taxed.
- Everybody pays it. As examples, if a corporation buys a machine to produce a good or service, sales tax is paid. If you get your oil changed or your car repaired, you pay sales tax on the bill amount.
Sales Tax Only is understandable.
- Most states, 45 at last count, already collect sales tax. Many citizens therefore already pay sales tax.
- There are no complex rules to figure out. Therefore no complex organization needed to write and enforce the rules.
Sales Tax Only is encouraging.
- Each person is in charge of their own money. Your paycheck is all yours.
- The whole country can get together to do a new thing. Everyone is on the same footing.
- There are no tax loopholes.